Now in its seventh year and firmly established in the county’s sporting calendar, the Wiltshire Sports Awards is open for nominations. This year’s awards recognise and reward athletes, clubs, coaches and volunteers from across the county who dedicate their time and efforts to support our strong sports community and who inspire the next sporting generation.
Anyone can nominate an individual or organisation in one of the 12 categories until the closing date of 5pm on Sunday, 14 August. The shortlisted nominees in each of the award categories will be invited to attend the prestigious presentation event on October 19 in County Hall, Trowbridge. The event will be hosted by former England rugby captain, Phil de Glanville along with a special guest to be announced.
The 12 Award categories are:
- Sports Personality of the Year
- Young Sports Personality of the Year
- Sports Personality of the Year (Athlete with a Disability)
- Unsung Hero of the Year
- Long Service to Sport Award
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Coach of the Year (Voluntary)
- Coach of the Year (Professional)
- Inclusion Coach of the Year
- Young Coach of the Year
- Sports Club of the Year
- Sports Team of the Year
To nominate now and for the full award criteria go to www.wiltshire.gov.uk/sportsawards
Deadline for nominations is Sunday 14 August 2016
So don’t delay and miss out, nominate now!