Could you help to support people who’ve experienced separation, divorce or domestic abuse? Do you have good listening and communication skills, as well as empathy and life experience? Would you like to help others?
Splitz Support Service is a local charity and leading provider of domestic abuse support. The ‘Buddy Scheme’ is a free, confidential mentoring & befriending service for people who’ve experienced divorce, separation or domestic abuse.
Why Volunteer with Splitz?
- Full training and ongoing support is given
- You’ll learn and develop new skills
- You’ll meet new people and help make a positive difference to others
- It can be a great way to help you return to education or employment
- We’ll pay reasonable expenses
- You’ll need to commit to 2 – 4 hours a week.
What do Volunteer Buddies do?
- Listen, encourage and support in a friendly, non-judgemental way
- Promote independence and reduce feelings of isolation
- Empower parents and enable happy family lives
- Help to develop feelings of wellbeing
To find out more: visit www.splitz.org or email: email@example.com or phone: 01225 777724