Could you help to support people who’ve experienced separation, divorce or domestic abuse?
Do you have good listening/communication skills, as well as empathy and life experience?
Would you like to help others?
Splitz Support Service is a local charity and leading provider of
domestic abuse support. The ‘Buddy Scheme’ is a free,
confidential mentoring & befriending service for people
who’ve experienced divorce, separation or domestic abuse.
What do Volunteer Buddies do?
• Listen, encourage and support in a friendly, non-judgemental way
• Promote independence and reduce feelings of isolation
• Empower parents and enable happy family lives
• Help to develop feelings of wellbeing
Why Volunteer with Splitz?
• Full training and ongoing support is given
• You’ll learn and develop new skills
• You’ll meet new people and help make a positive difference to others
• It can be a great way to help you return to education or employment
• We’ll pay reasonable expenses
• You’ll need to commit to 2 – 4 hours a week.