Community First, and the Wiltshire Village Halls’ Association (WVHA), have invested in the development of the service and the website to ensure that much needed support continues to be provided to Wiltshire’s Village Hall Committees. The new website is now live: http://www.wvha.org.uk/
Why should my hall become a member?
Here is a list of the many benefits that you and your hall will have access to on joining the Association:
- The facility to create an ‘online brochure’ for your hall. Use the website to upload your information, pictures, location, pricing etc. to position your hall as a venue for hire. Including the opportunity to promote availability, accessibility, events and activities. www.wvha.org.uk/becomeamember
- Access to individual advice and support through online forums and ACRE help sheets – Individual advice and support to Wiltshire halls for the many, complex issues facing you – e.g. Getting competitive quotes for work, ensuring health and safety responsibilities and requirements are covered, governance, funding, applying for grants etc
- Networking and peer support opportunities. Opportunities for networking and peer support to ensure high standards of management. via the website, members can access an online forum – which can be used to exchange good practice advice, give and receive support and share ideas and information.
- Validation Awards – Opportunity to achieve the National Quality Status Award Scheme for halls (Hallmark) with WVHA members acting as peer assessors.
- Access to details and locations of halls across Wiltshire – Use our online search engine or maps to locate other halls and to access contact information.
- Membership of Community First – Community First is an organisation with over fifty years’ experience in dealing with and supporting the community, local councils and village halls. As a member of the organisation, as well as having access to advice and support, you will also receive regular, relevant news and information about your local community.
- Online list of Suppliers and Providers– As well as the ability to access telephone support from The Village Hall and Community Buildings Advisor, with regards to contacting suppliers and getting the best value for money from approved providers – this information is also easily accessible via our site.
- Village Hall Insurance – We can provide information on the Village Hall insurance provided by Zurich. Click here for a link for further information: http://www.communityfirst.org.uk/community-first-services/community-services/village-hall-insurance
For further information on becoming a member or accessing advice, please contact: Helen Cotter, Village Hall and Community Buildings Advisor. Tel: 01380 732 823 or email: email@example.com
For further information on Village Hall insurance, please contact: Jennie Lane, Village Hall Insurance Co-ordinator. Tel: 01380 732807 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org