The fund has been developed to encourage and support the development of participation projects that particularly target new audiences, by providing high quality coaching sessions over an eight week period.
The fund is for clubs and community groups delivering new projects that engage one or more of the priority groups listed below:
• Women and girls
• Participants with a disability
• Estate based delivery within priority wards
• Black minority ethnic communities
• People aged 50+
The fund provides financial assistance for new projects that engage the priority groups above and fit into at least one or more of the following categories:
1. Increasing and retaining participation
• Increase the opportunities for under-represented groups to access sport activities
• To provide sustainable exit routes where participants can continue their involvement in sport
2. Tackling wider social issues
• To use sporting activity to tackle wider social issues such as anti-social behaviour, mental health and community cohesion
3. Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle
• A programme of sustained activity for under-represented groups who are inactive
We are able to offer a grant fund that will enable clubs to deliver a sport for all project. Up to £400 is available per project. At the end of the course clubs must provide opportunities for participants to continue their involvement in the sport via club or pay
and play sessions.
Funding can be used for:
• hire of facilities
• purchasing equipment
• coaching costs
For more information and to apply for the funding visit:
www.wiltshire.gov.uk/sportforallfund, tel: 01722 434437
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.