This is a resource that offers children, young people and parents advice and strategies to support the issues resulting from sexting incidents. With help and advice for young people who may find themselves in a situation where they or a friend have put a sexting image or video online and have lost control over who it’s being shared with. We often get asked for advice that young people, parents or teachers can refer to in these cases, and whilst there is a lot of advice around preventing this situation in the first place, we felt that it is very important to recognise that this does happen and those affected really need support and guidance. So you got naked online… is a resource that aims to do just that – it offers children, young people and parents advice and provides strategies to support the issues resulting from sexting incidents.
The resource covers topics such as: • What is sexting?
• Can it happen accidentally?
• Trust and friendship – considering what is appropriate to share and with whom
• How images or videos can be shared online and what websites they might end up on
• What are the first things to do
• Will you get into trouble
• How to ask your parents for help
• Will this affect your online reputation and your future
• Where to seek further advice and support
For more information, contact Winnie Manning, 01722 438924.