At last night’s Area Board £22,627 was awarded across 8 projects.
- South Wiltshire Agenda 21 was awared £1000 for the reprinting of its walking map.
- Five thousand pounds went to Wessex Community Circus CIC for its Salisbury Action Roadshow.
- In support of all that’s going on this year with the Magna Carta the board were keen to the – Barons’ Charter project and awarded £5000 to create the Barons’ Trail around Salisbury.
- The Salisbury Area Greenspace Partnership were awarded a reduced amount of £2860 to carry out a green space mapping project.
- The Salisbury Museum was awarded £5000 towards an exhibition entitled Turners Wessex – Architecture and Ambition.
- The board were also supportive of the Baby Basics Salisbury project who will be providing much needed support to new mothers in need. The amount awarded was £1917.
- St. George’s Church celebrates 900 years this year and the community of harnham are planning a series of events, exhibitions and talks for the whole community of Harnham. The Area Board awarded £850 to this project.
- Salisbury Victoria Bowls Club were looking for support to revamp its club and the board agreed to fund £1000 towards this.