Child car seat safety experts will be on hand during Child Safety Week (taking place 6 to 12 June), to advise motorists whether their children’s seats are correctly fitted.
Parents and guardians of children are legally required to fit their car with an appropriate car seat for the age and weight of their child. As children grow at different rates, each stage of the child’s growth must therefore be adequately catered for at the appropriate time.
A series of free events have been organised by Wiltshire Council Trading Standards and are carried out by Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (ISOH) trained staff from nursery products provider Baby 2000.
Similar checks were carried out locally in 2014 and four out of every ten seats tested (139 in total) were incorrectly fitted.
The car seat safety checks will be taking place at the below venues and people are free to drop by when they can.
- Monday 6 June: Morrisons, Estcourt St, Devizes, South West SN10 1LA from 10am to 2pm.
- Tuesday 7 June: Springfield Community Campus, Beechfield Rd, Corsham SN13 9DN from 10am to 2pm.
- Wednesday 8 June: Waitrose, Salisbury – Churchill Way W, Salisbury SP2 7TS from 10am to 2pm.
- Thursday 9 June: County Hall, Bythesea Road Trowbridge BA14 8JN from 9.30am to 11.30am.
- Thursday 9 June: Tesco Extra, Trowbridge BA14 7AQ from 12pm to 2pm.
- Friday 10 June: Tesco Tidworth Station Rd, Tidworth SP9 7NR from 10am to 2pm.