Salisbury Arts Centre is currently seeking to recruit up to two new volunteer directors to join our board of trustees. Following a recent board skills audit, we are specifically looking to recruit people who hold professional qualifications and expertise in HR and Change Management within the context of merging publically funded arts organisations and who have an interest in working with us to support access to the arts and vibrant community experiences. We are particularly interested to hear from people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, who are currently underrepresented on our board.
Trustees will be involved in:
• Regular attendance and contributions to board meetings and our annual away day
• Acting as a sounding board for our staff team and sharing individual areas of expertise
• Feeding into the business planning process and policy development
• Supporting us to find new sources of income and feeding into the development of our fundraising strategy
• Bringing a range of connections from the wider artistic and business communities
The time commitment for trustees is attendance at 4-6 meetings per year, plus an annual away day. There may be some work between meetings to help fulfil specific strategic issues, but this will depend on the trustees and their availability.
Board papers are emailed in advance of meetings and preparation prior to the meeting is expected. We will also encourage trustees to provide additional time to support specific tasks or initiatives. Meetings are held at Salisbury Arts Centre.
The role of a trustee is a volunteer position and is not remunerated but reasonable expenses can be paid.
We believe it is vital that trustees see our artistic work. You can find more information on the company and its current programme at www.salisburyartscentre.co.uk
E mail email@example.com for a full application pack or telephone Paula Redway on 01722 343027 for further details
Salisbury Arts Centre is a registered charity (reg no 1023945)