Amesbury Area Board
The Amesbury Community Area Local Youth Network is looking for someone to run a new drop-in youth initiative. The manager will pilot a youth drop-in café at the Redworth Centre in the Amesbury Activity Centre, which is a centrally based and has fully equipped premises. Transport can be provided to take young people to and from the venue.
Initially this is a pilot project running from January – 31 March 2015 but, subject to the outcome of the pilot and future funding, it has the potential to grow and to include other evenings and/or weekends.
The work will be based in the Amesbury Activity Centre, Antrobus Road, Amesbury SP4 7ND. The role is part-time (11hrs p/w @ £10 per hour) The Manager is required to work between 6.30pm and 10pm on Tuesdays and Fridays plus time for preparation and opening and closing up.
Immediate start required.
The successful candidate will be expected to quickly grasp the tasks in hand and ‘hit the ground running’ with this exciting opportunity.
The Area Board have appointed Wessex Community Action to manage and administer the project.
• Set up a youth café that caters for the needs of a wide cross section of 13-19 year olds
• Engage local volunteers to help with the youth café
• General administration and co-ordination of day to day business of the Youth Cafe
• Report to Wessex Community Action and the Amesbury Community Area Local Youth Network
Expertise and skills:
We are looking for someone with the following expertise and skills:
1 Experience of working with young people
2 Knowledge and understanding of young people, ‘youth cultures’ and issues facing young people aged 13-19
3 Experience and understanding of using online networks and digital resources would be desirable
4 Ability to work independently
5 Ability to manage time and resources
6 Understanding of and personal commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion
How to apply:
• Your CV
• A covering letter outlining your skills and experience relating to 1-6 above
• A short statement explaining why you are interested in this work
• Contact details for two work related referees
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
PLEASE NOTE: This position will involve working closely with young people and is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have any questions please contact Debrah Biggs at Wessex Community Action on 01722 326822.